Cool retro term is actually very cool go get it from your repositories (cool-retro-term).
A Demonstration of Modern Web Bloat https://videos.lukesmith.xyz/videos/watch/111ae34f-52fc-40d3-844b-d19d7324619c
I usually don't edit the videos I post to #lbry, but in the most recent one I messed up the ending... but if I cut the part I messed up out it would be fine.
Figured out how to do that on the command line with #ffmpeg
ffmpeg -ss 00:00:01 -i original.mp4 -to 06:44.12 -c copy cut.mp4
That command cuts out the first second and then ends the video at the six minute, forty-four second mark.
Still working on moving away from Big Tech. Today I finished the cleanup of my iCloud backup. Over the years my backup had grown to their largest option. Not a big monthly payment but its the principle.
Should be a minor project but as always with Apple: Its just perfect if you just stay, but if you try to export your stuff to another place then the problems starts.
Today my account was down to 1gb and I downgraded to the free version with a smirk on my face.
Vote with your feet 🙂
So much tech stuff, so little time!
* A friend loaned me their #pinephone to experiment on and set up for them
* I bought a Pixel phone on @thegeekfather's recommendation (haven't opened it yet)
* I have a Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L, the only desktop motherboard on the #libreboot compatibility list
* Have a Dell Optiplex 7010, which likely will work with #coreboot
* Got the Nim In Action book on the Nim #programming language
* Got the Common Lisp book recommended by @louis
Any #clonezilla users here? I have used it for years... but have a few questions. I use ssh for transfer method. Would NFS or http be faster?
I am upgrading a #ThinkPad T560 with a Samsung Pro SSD and 16GB memory.
My son working on his #raspberrypi camera project. The Pi is inside the tea box, external USB power battery and USB camera strapped on with rubber bands. He's been doing some BASH scripting to get it to do what he wants.
A mastodon instance created by Derek Taylor, creator of the DistroTube channels on YouTube and LBRY. Derek is an advocate for free and open source software.