@derek Pls add more emojis
Tag the people who are knocking down the idea of this protest and support by calling it internal matter. These people have no clue what humanity and social issues are. @akshaykumar @KanganaTeam @SunielVShetty #FarmersProtest
4. Free Software client and server + federation (Example #Matrix and #Quicksy/#XMPP): respects users' freedom (as a user or as a community) and no vendor lock-in
5. Free software client + peer to peer design (Example GNU #Jami, #Briar, #Tox): respects users' freedom and no vendor lock-in
Vendor lock-in: Ability to switch service is too hard because it reauires convincing every contact to move to a new service.
#P2P messengers need both users online at same time to exchange messages.
1. Non-free software client and server + centralization (Example #WhatsApp): does not respect user's freedom and creates vendor lock-in
2. Free Software client but non-free server + centralization (Example #Telegram): client software respects freedom, server software does not respect freedom and creates vendor lock-in
3. Free Software client and server + centralization (Example #Signal): respect user's freedom but creates vendor lock-in
Student | FOSS Enthusiast
A mastodon instance created by Derek Taylor, creator of the DistroTube channels on YouTube and LBRY. Derek is an advocate for free and open source software.